Here are the three main steps for dealing with a difficult employee.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Identifying the facts about the situation.
- Discerning the difference between the label and the observable behavior.
- Deciding if the behavior is organizationally relevant and necessary to address.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- I read a recent article by Seth Godin about how people are minimizing the importance of soft skills. It’s called “Let’s Stop Calling Them Soft Skills.”
- If you like this podcast, I’d love it if you’d write a review about it on iTunes. If you do, and you send me a copy of that review to email@example.com, I’ll send you a copy of one of my eBooks as a thank you. You can do that here.
- Recently released a new totally free course with 17 videos included called “Fast Tracking for Managers.” You can find it at http://leadershipcoachllc.com/managerfasttrack There, we’re talking about managing performance, conducting difficult conversations and dealing with overwhelm.
- If you have feedback, questions, or ideas for future podcasts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org