Many of my workshop attendees have said they wish they could chat with me right before they have a difficult conversation. This episode is designed to be that for you.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- People behave the way they behave for their own reasons, not BECAUSE of you.
- Don’t get invited to someone else’s behavior party.
- Choose who you want to be in the situation and plan for it.
- External circumstances do not ‘make’ you do or say anything. The way you choose to define a circumstance will determine your interaction with it or them.
- One of the core attributes of effective leadership is to manage and supervise your own mind and then determine HOW you want to show up with your team and others you work with.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
1) If you’d like my free Ebook “Change Your Think,” please post an iTunes review and send me a screen shot. You can do so by following these short instructions:
- In your browser copy and paste this in the address bar https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-coach-inc/id964355401?mt=8&ls=1
- When prompted click “Launch Application” or “Open in iTunes”
- First click the subscribe button
- Then go to the Ratings and Reviews tab to the right side of the image
- Click on the Write a Review button
- Fill in a title and review and be sure to click the stars to give a rating.
- Click submit
2) If you haven’t tried out my new FREE course for managers, please go to www.leadershipcoachllc.com/managerfasttrack to get your registration link. In this 17-video course, I cover tips and insights for the most common challenges that new (and frankly tenured) managers face: Managing Performance, Conducting Difficult Conversations and Dealing with Overwhelm.
The Core has changed a bit since I launched it. It’s now just one level, and I’ve added live, group coaching calls for all participants. You can join for $79 per month or $900 for the year. I’d love to see your face in one of my coaching calls. You can read about the program and register at: www.leadershipcoachllc.com/thecore.
3) I’ve changed my coaching agreements to be more available for folks who may just need a quick power chat. Learn more about how I can help you resolve that challenge you’re facing, today. Go to www.leadershipcoachllc.com/11-coaching/
4) If you have feedback, questions, or ideas for future podcasts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org