The key, when we give people feedback that’s tough and unexpected, is to have compassion and empathy, but HOW?!
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The two different ways people generally respond to this type of feedback.
- The best way for you, as a manager, to respond to that response.
- How to get to that feeling of empathy for your difficult employee.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
1) From that place of empathy, you can be more effective. You can help them. Try following some of the steps in my How to Coach Difficult People book. Or you can download the Difficult Employee Remedy Handbook for $4.95. You can get it here.
2) You can’t get it all done just listening to me. We need to work together and get this wrapped around your own issues. Let me help you with your difficult employee. Please join me in my Core Program. For only $79 a month you get two live coaching groups a month, videos and companion guides. Enrollment is going to close on June 16th. I won’t open it up again until the fall. Go here if you’re ready to register, and if you’d like more details, just email me at email@example.com for more information.
3) You can get on my mailing list a couple of different ways. You can buy the book I just told you about above, or join my free fast-tracking program for managers here. You can also just join the mailing list at the bottom of the website. Either way, become a member of my community and stay updated!
4) If you’d like my book Change Your Think, please post an iTunes review and send me a screen shot and I’ll send you a free copy. You can do so by following these short instructions:
- In your browser copy and paste this in the address bar https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/leadership-coach-inc/id964355401
- When prompted click “Launch Application”
- First click the subscribe button
- Then go to the Ratings and Reviews tab to the right side of the image
- Click on the Write a Review button
- Fill in a title and review and be sure to click the stars to give a rating.
- Click submit
5) If you have feedback, questions, or ideas for future podcasts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org