Many people think they’re coaching when they’re really managing. Managers talk, coaches ask. Which are you doing? Be honest with yourself.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- New employees go in one of three directions.
- First are Steady Eddies or Reliable Rebeccas. These are people who have been trained and coached and they don’t really want to grow in terms of their title or role. They need more coaching than managing.
- Second are the high performers. They require more time coaching than managing.
- Third are the low performers. They require managing. It’s no longer about self-reflection, etc. It’s about managing their performance.
- Managers talk, coaches ask.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- If you missed the What is Coaching webinar, go here to get the replay for a short time.
- If you want to email me the answers to all the questions I just asked, you can send them to email@example.com – I dare you!
- Join me in my Facebook group called How to Lead.
- Email me with questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org