The drama in organizations is killing performance. When the rules, the roles, the expectations and the goals are unclear, people start to argue. Having clarity on these things minimizes the drama.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- As leaders, you’re responsible for the rules. Make sure the rules are clear.
- Then we need roles defined. This is what I teach in The Manager Formula, how to clarify performance expectations by role, not by person.
- Then we want to talk about setting expectations with peers.
- Last are the goals. Ask the question of your peers, what is the goal here?
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- I’ll probably do a webinar on this topic, so if you’re not on my mailing list, I invite you to do that so you get notified of upcoming events. Either sign up on my website here or get notification on my How to Lead Facebook group here.
- I’m going to be doing a webinar for my clients in The Manager Formula this month on Managing Former Peers. If you’re a member, I also provide bonus material each month as well as the live coaching calls. Enrollment is open until March 22nd. Go to the website here. We’re currently offering a preview of the program. You can have 5 days of access for free and a coaching call.
- Please send your feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org