Just by the definition of the word, you can’t manage your “boss.” But you can “influence.” The key is to influence up … and integrate down. Here’s how:
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- First, accept what your role is. It’s not your job to tell your boss what to do, it’s the other way around.
- Figure out how your boss processes information, then communicate with her in that way.
- Determine what your boss’ goals are, and then use that to help her look good to her boss.
- With all that, decide what you should be communicating about on a regular basis to help her be successful.
- Then integrate like we teach in The Manager Formula. Have a clear purpose, clear expectations, clear key performance indicators, clear individual productivity and personal development goals for everyone on the team, a clear feedback process that is consistent, consistent accountability practices to recognize all levels of performance and know how to have those conversations.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Come work with me in my manager program. My job is to help you look like a rockstar. The Manager Formula is open for enrollment through March 22nd and there are still Q & A calls coming up to answer your questions. Go to the website here for more info.
- Please send your feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org