Unemployment is low and it’s a candidate market out there. I know that there are certain things that will cause disengagement and others that will encourage and motivate. Here are some ideas for how to retain those top performers.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Some things that I know will immediately cause disengagement and disillusionment.
- Inclusion is a huge motivator for the millennials, and top employees want to know how to be successful and how to win.
- How to retain them:
• Have clear performance metrics.
• Invest in them and spend time knowing them.
• Include them and invite them to share their ideas and perspectives.
• Trust them and give them opportunities to try some of the things they say they know will work.
• Be that manager that people believe will make them better because they worked for you.
- People want to know they matter and are appreciated. It’s not just about comp and benefits. They want to be seen.
- What’s going to get you maximum results is by spending the majority of your time with your top people, not your poor performers.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes: