Do you have a difficult employee you’ve been trying to fix and they’re just not getting it? Here are some suggestions for how to deal with this frustrating situation.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- You can’t make anyone do anything.
- Your business is how the employee’s behavior is impacting the organization and the team, and your job is to hold the employee accountable.
- You have to be clear with your expectations and be consistent in sharing and reinforcing them.
- Observation is your greatest tool as a manager, and probably your least utilized.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- The Manager Formula is going to open again for a very brief time in May. Get on the mailing list here. This is my signature coaching program for managers. You will coach with me every week and meet managers from all over the world. You’ll get 12 modules of content that are about how to effectively drive performance on a team and hold employees accountable – every kind of employee.
- I’ll be holding a How to Deal with a Difficult Employee on Your Team workshop live and in person in the Sacramento area sometime this summer. Please come and let’s meet each other! Go here to get on the notification list.
- My friend, Angee Linsey, runs an exceptional executive recruiting firm. Find out more about Angee and her firm here.
- If you love this podcast and you haven’t yet written a review, I’d love to invite you to do that here. I’m still sending people a free copy of my Change Your Think book as a thank you.
- Please send your feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org