Everyone hates giving feedback and conducting one-on-ones, right? That doesn’t mean you’re incompetent as a manager. There are reasons, all of which are repairable! Have a listen and see what I mean.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Reason #1 – You don’t know how. This isn’t an innate skill. You just have to be willing to learn.
- Reason #2 – You believe that you’re responsible for other people’s emotions. You don’t want to hurt their feelings.
- Reason #3 – You don’t have a structured one-on-one. I strongly advise an agenda. I used to give it away and now you can get it as part of my coaching program.
- Reason #4 – You don’t have measurable outcomes. Performance needs to be anchored in actual evidence. You need to set clear expectations and goals and have a clear tracking system.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Get on my notification list and learn more about The Manager Formula program here.
- Be sure to join my Facebook group for managers called How to Lead. You can get notified there when The Manager Formula opens up for registration again.
- Please send your feedback and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org