Are you frustrated with an employee who never seems to “get it”? They don’t get what you need them to do in their position and you’ve tried everything you can think of to help them. I’m here to tell you it’s not your job to make them get it.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- It’s not your job to change your employees.
- Your job is to set up clear expectations for the positions.
- Your job is to provide them with consistent feedback and coaching.
- Then, if they’re not meeting the expectations, you hold them accountable to their outcomes.
- Remember that your emotion is coming from how you’re defining your circumstance. It’s not coming from your employees.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- The Manager Formula has one more enrollment period for 2018 coming this fall. Get on my mailing list at leadershipcoachllc.com or join my How to Lead Facebook group for more information.
- Please send your feedback and questions to email@example.com