Most people don’t think about beefing up their negotiation skills until they’re in a state of urgency. Kris talks with Jessica Williams, head of the Superwoman Project, about the how and the why of negotiating.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What the most common limiting beliefs are that people have around their ability to ask for more money.
- What elements we need to think about when we’re negotiating total compensation.
- Steps to take in the salary negotiation checklist that have worked for Jessica’s clients over and over again.
- Recommendations for higher level executive leaders.
- What Jessica found to be the hardest part about leading and managing a team.
- What Jessica loved most about leading and managing a team.
- Advice for people who are overwhelmed and don’t feel that they have time to do this stuff.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- The Superwoman Summit October 19 – 21, 2018
- Job board resources to find relevant salary ranges Glassdoor.com and Payscale.com
- Kris’ previous podcast Scarcity and Abundance Thinking in Leaders
- A good book is by Cal Newport called Deep Work.
- Gay Hendricks wrote a great book called The Big Leap.
- A really good book focused on money is called Worthy by Nancy Levin.
- To get the checklist go to Superwoman.com/resources.
- Please send your feedback and questions to email@example.com