This is for those of you who say, “I’ve tried everything, but my employees are still not doing their job.” I promise you, you haven’t tried everything! Here are the things that I know will help fix the problem.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The reasons people may not be doing their job are either something like that they hate you, they hate the job, they’re unmotivated, etc. or it could be that their managers are doing the job for them.
- When this happens there is always a gap in:
a. Clearly defined expectations, communication and enforcement.
b. What the goals are for that employee. There’s nothing definitive. You have to ask by when it’ll be done and how you’ll know it’s done.
c. Feedback sessions between you and your employees – talking about their work and talking to them about them.
d. Accountability. You can’t continue to allow someone to work in a job where they’re being paid if they don’t deliver on the job. It’s theft!
- If you listen to every single podcast I’ve done, I promise you everything you need to know to accomplish this is in this resource.
- There’s nothing better for a team than getting the non-performer off of it.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- This is what I help my clients with in The Manager Formula. Contact me. I can help!
- My Facebook group for managers is called How to Lead.
- Please send your feedback and questions or what topics you’d like me to cover in future episodes to firstname.lastname@example.org.