Most of you who listen to this show either lead your own organization or manage and lead someone else’s company. Regardless of the role that you play within the organization, you always need to be thoughtful of where you have opportunities to have more influence with folks who manage employees or other managers.
On this episode of Leadership Coach LLC, we look at some of the content that I use in my workshop called “Influencing Up.” Depending on where you’re at in an organization, you’ll discover how to influence your direct supervisor, supervisors of other supervisors or your direct leadership team. Listen in for advice on what you can do to make the best of any relationship with your boss by working on yourself, what they need and the actions to take to help that process.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The difference between influencing and managing.
- Two questions to help you manage your personal brand.
- Reflective questions for working on yourself.
- The importance of understanding your boss’s responsibilities and making him/her look good.
- Tips for supporting and making your boss’s job easier.