Over the course of my coaching career, I’ve worked with many different leaders and taught them how to deal with and coach difficult people. One of the things that I often find during my workshops or one-on-one sessions is the incredibly wide range in which we define behaviors as difficult.
It is crucial to understand that the way that we think about people and their behaviors ultimately determines how we interact with them and defines the results we get in that relationship.
On this episode, I decided to supply you with some additional ways to think about “difficult.” Listen in to learn what you can do in order to properly manage folks with “difficult” behaviors in specific situations. Don’t miss this opportunity to become a more effective leader and perform at a peak level!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The importance of recognizing the difference between a person’s behavior and what you make it mean.
- Why YOU don’t ever need to change people’s behaviors.
- How to deal with people who don’t follow company rules.
- How to manage folks who tend to consistently interrupt others.
- The importance of focusing on facts instead of opinions.
Featured On The Show:
Listen To The Full Episode: