As a leadership coach, I have seen many people lose so much quality time in their life being extremely stressed out about a relationship they have with someone at work. I regularly interact with folks who encounter or experience others who can be irrational, argumentative, unsympathetic, dismissive, overly direct or simply operate in a different manner from them. They get frustrated and upset and sometimes even hope to change these “difficult” people. In reality, how we deal with these difficult people and feel about them, doesn’t have much to do with them…it is completely about us.
On this episode of Leadership Coach LLC, I present to you what I call “Invitations,” or ways, to think about dealing with a difficult person in your life. This actionable information will transform your life, reducing the amount of stress and anxiety you may have on the account of others. Grab a pen and a notebook, get ready to take some notes and press “Play” below…
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- 5 ways of dealing with these people.
- The importance of realizing that the only person you have control of is you.
- Why we should look at the way we categorize people.
- How our perception of others drives our behaviors toward them.
- How to reframe our thoughts about difficult people.
- What it truly means if we think we encountered a difficult person.
Featured On The Show:
- 5 Truths for Thinking About Difficult People by Kris V. Plachy
- Leadership Coach LLC Facebook Page
- Leadership Coach LLC on LinkedIn
- Kris Plachy on LinkedIn