As adults it’s difficult to make significant behavior changes. That’s why so many of us stay stuck in negative behavior patterns. It’s not so much that we don’t want to change, it’s more so that we don’t understand how to go through that change.
People often present with a “pain point” – something isn’t working and they’re frustrated. People tend to blame others for the predicament they’re in. They believe their problem is because of someone else or something else outside of them. They don’t realize they’re externalizing it.
As a coach, it’s my job to help people realize that they don’t have to wait for others to change – they can start to feel better and get better results despite what’s going on around them. Here’s how I do that.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How to help people identify the source of their pain.
- How to help people see it and understand it. How we characterize our experience in the world has everything to do with how we ultimately respond.
- How to get them to notice themselves.
- Why the fourth step is the hardest – called courage or choice.
- The “becoming.” The more we make the choice to change the more it becomes who we are; it becomes natural.
Featured On The Show:
- I have a workbook that helps with this. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to share some of the questions with you.
Listen to the full episode: