Companies have to decide what kind of culture they’re going to have – what kind of behaviors they tolerate and what they allow. Remember, “What you permit you promote.” Are you, as a manager, disregarding feedback about a difficult person because it’s too uncomfortable to deal with? Here are four things to think about if you have difficult people on your team.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How is the difficult person impacting accountability?
- Is a difficult team member impacting the engagement of others on the team?
- Are difficult people on your team impacting your company’s retention of top talent?
- How is your dealing with, or not dealing with, the difficult person impacting yours and your leadership team’s credibility?
Featured On The Show:
- Email me at email@example.com if you have questions.
- I’ve recorded several previous podcasts dealing with difficult people. See the list below.
- More on this topic to come! Subscribe here so you don’t miss an episode!
Previous podcasts regarding dealing with difficult people:
- Ep #2: How to Deal with Difficult People
- Ep #3: How to Coach the Difficult Person
- Ep #10: Why One-on-Ones with Employees are a Manager Must
- Ep #12: How to Have a Difficult Conversation
- Ep #18: How to Manage Difficult Behavior
- Ep #19: What to Do When You’ve Been Labeled as the Difficult Person
- Ep #21: How to Coach Anyone on Anything
Listen to the full episode: