When we have someone on our team that is disruptive, in a way that impacts other individuals, employee engagement, retention, performance of the team or organization, it is our responsibility as a manager and a leader to address the issue. Continuing with the last episode’s topic of difficult people, we dive into the nitty-gritty of coaching those types of folks.
Today, we get into the reasons why certain people act the way that they do, often affecting others around them and what you can do as a leader to help mend this delicate situation. Discover six well-tested steps for coaching difficult people the proper way. You don’t want to miss this value-packed episode that is sure to make you a better leader. Check it out below…
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What makes a person difficult to work with.
- Why certain people act the way they do.
- Six steps for coaching difficult people.
- The importance of letting go of preconceived notions.
- The proper way of giving feedback.
- Why you should always allow for the difficult person to be heard.
- What it means to introduce the person to him or herself.
- The only way to get someone to change their behavior.
Featured On The Show:
- 5 Truths for Thinking About Difficult People by Kris V. Plachy
- Leadership Coach LLC Facebook Page
- Leadership Coach LLC on LinkedIn
- Kris Plachy on LinkedIn