Recognition is rewarding someone for exceptional performance. Appreciation is thankfulness that they showed up and are working hard. Appreciation is a day to day communication strategy you can use as a manager to help people feel important.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why it’s necessary for people to feel important.
- What appreciation looks like.
- An example of exceptional leadership.
Featured On The Show:
- One of my favorite books of all time is Daniel Pink’s Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us.
- I’d be interested to hear other topics you’d like me to discuss on upcoming podcasts, so please email me at email@example.com and give me your thoughts.
- Subscribe here so you don’t miss an episode!