Leaders often have to do things they don’t like to do. We think we shouldn’t have to deal with things we don’t want to deal with and that what we have to deal with is outside our jobs. Here’s how changing your thinking can change what you’re feeling.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How to look at those things that you don’t want to do and re-label them.
- The importance of looking at those things you don’t want to do as part of your job.
- How to consciously decide that what you are going to do today is a decision versus a “have-to.”
Featured On The Show:
- Episode #26: Why I Should Have to Deal With …
- Brene Brown’s book The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
- The Practicing Mind: Developing Focus and Discipline in Your Life — Master Any Skill or Challenge by Learning to Love the Process by Thomas M. Sterner
- Be sure to tune in for my next podcast when I’ll be talking about what to do with that employee who sees life as a burden.
- I’d be interested to hear other topics you’d like me to discuss on upcoming podcasts, so please email me at email@example.com and give me your thoughts.
- Subscribe here so you don’t miss an episode!