One of the things that managers most commonly ask me, is how to motivate employees to perform and truly be excited about coming to work every day. While many of us think that we can actually motivate people, that’s actually not the case. I cannot ‘make’ you be motivated, just as you cannot motivate me. Motivation is an inside job. However, it is managers’ responsibility to create an environment where employees can find their motivation and stay motivated.
On episode 5 of Leadership Coach LLC podcast, we delve into the topic of managers and motivation and something I call “The Secret Sauce.” Tune in to find out why the elusive emotion of motivation only comes from within and what we can do in order foster an atmosphere that will have employees creating that emotion on their own. Don’t miss this episode’s actionable advice that is sure to help you create a company culture where motivation can blossom. Check it out below…
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Why it’s not your job as a manager to motivate people.
- What motivation is and where it comes from.
- How to (and most importantly, how not to) set your team up for success.
- The importance of making the right choice about influencing how people think about their work.
- How our thoughts are related to how we feel.
- 3 primary factors that drive motivation.
- Questions to ask yourself that will help you begin fostering the right working environment.