Most times we don’t need a rule to manage a performance problem. People who don’t perform will always find ways to not perform. Here’s a suggestion for what to do instead.
What you’ll learn from this episode – ways to eliminate performance issues:
- Set expectations.
- Set individual productivity and performance goals.
- Establish key performance indicators for each role in the organization.
- Have consistent coaching practices where we evaluate performance, and determine what support, development and tools people need to get the job done.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- I have a “best of” podcast series. I put five series together that include workbooks and transcripts. You’ll find them on accountability and performance, coaching for managers, managing difficult employees, managing change and leadership presence. They’re available on my website on the Courses tab here.
- If you have feedback, questions, or ideas for future podcasts, please email me at email@example.com
- Subscribe here so you don’t miss an episode!