When employees vent, managers want to be supportive by listening, showing compassion and agreeing. That makes the problem worse. Here’s how to be a part of the solution instead.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Why a manager’s attempt at compassion is helping the employee punch herself in the face.
- How to not indulge the challenge, but indulge the solution instead.
- What is likely to happen as a result.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- The Core for leaders is open for membership through February 15th. If you register, you’ll also get my “How to Deal with a Difficult Person at Work” 12-module video course. The program student membership fees are $900 annually or $79 monthly, respectively. You get workbooks and videos every month. Learn more here or email me at email@example.com If you have questions.
- I’d love it if you’d like to write a review on iTunes for my podcast – you can do that here. Please also subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
- If you have feedback, questions, or ideas for future podcasts, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org