The first step in the outline of the manager formula is to focus on a manager’s ability to understand his or her own mindset or emotional maturity.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How you show up as a manager absolutely impacts the outcomes of the players you support and lead.
- Nowadays, managing people is about managing emotions, relationships, conversation and interactions. Emotional labor is now the work of a manager.
- The only real game changer for performance, especially for managers, is when they change the way they think.
- Organizations lose when they don’t invest in their managers and leaders.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Seth Godin’s blog can be found here.
- Seth’s blog post referred to in this episode, “The confusion about competence,” can be found here.
- Kris’ book, Change Your Think
- I’d love to hear what you think, so email me at email@example.com
- Watch TheManagerFormula.com web space – exciting new stuff will start to show up soon!