Sometimes we get attached to the way we do things. There’s an exercise I like called Stop, Start, Continue that provides a safe space for your team to give you helpful feedback.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The goal is to create a space where people can share and be heard.
- No resolutions have to be made.
- Provide everyone with 3 index cards to write down suggestions for things you should stop doing, start doing and continue doing.
- You don’t have to commit, you just have to listen.
- You need to demonstrate that you heard and are going to take action on some of it.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- The Manager Formula, which is my online coaching program for managers, is launching on January 22nd. To make sure you get your questions answered, I’m doing live Q & A sessions. Go to TheManagerFormula.com. You’ll see a landing page with an option to sign up for the most current Q & A call. It’s a video call. Please join me on one!
- My Hawaii Retreat dates have just been released. You can find those on the She Is Relentless website here.
- I’m also launching a She Is Relentless podcast, so go here and subscribe so you get the updates or join me on my Facebook page here
- I also have a private Facebook group called How to Lead, please join me there for lots of cool conversations.
- I’d love to hear what you think, so email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As a reminder, there’s a free course on www.themanagerformula.com!