You have to really know who you are as a manager in order to be effective. One of the components we talk about in The Manager Formula, that’s key to you understanding who you are, is your values.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Here is an exercise to help you discover your values – what’s most important to you.
- At different times in your life your answers will be different.
- Values are little engines in your psyche that are subconscious. They influence the beliefs you have about the world and, ultimately, the outcomes you have. Understanding what you value is powerful.
- Knowing what those 3 – 5 key values are, right now, in your life will help you understand you – why some things are amazing for you and some things are not.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- One of the most important books I’ve read on leadership is called True North by Bill George, the former CEO of Medtronic.
- Reminder – I’m doing live Q & A sessions. Go to TheManagerFormula.com. I’d love to see you!
- I’m also offering a free Conducting Difficult Conversations course, so go here to get an idea of what it feels like to be in the program.
- Also, if you haven’t, join the Facebook group called How to Lead
- Email me at email@example.com