Why is it so frustrating for you when employees don’t meet your expectations? The answer is most likely because it’s slowing you down. Let’s talk about why it’s happening and what you can do about it.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- There are two kinds of expectations – productivity and behavioral.
- Employee challenges are often behavior issues. You think employees are adults and that they should just know how to behave, but guess what, that’s not true.
- To fix the problem, first set expectations.
- Second, don’t make assumptions.
- Third, make sure you’re not getting into judgement – instead ask yourself what YOU can do differently.
- Lastly, establish consequences and boundaries if people don’t meet expectations and then follow through and execute on them.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- I’ve recorded several podcasts on expectations that you can find on my website here.
- I’m continuing to do Q & A calls for the TMF program. Go to TheManagerFormula.com and learn more about the next Q & A.
- I’m also offering a Conducting Difficult Conversations course, so go here to get an idea of what it feels like to be in the program.
- Email me at email@example.com