Are you overwhelmed by all the things you need to get done in your personal and business life? The solution is to exercise the restraint of committing to everything. You don’t have to say yes to everything to be a good person. Here’s how to let some of it go.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Make a list of everything you’ve currently said yes to and analyze them.
- Decide what you really want to focus on – what really matters.
- Practice saying no.
- Set boundaries around your time.
- Manage your brain and recognize that stress is coming from your thoughts. Your personal messaging is triggering the stress – not the work itself.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- The title of the show is changing to How to Lead. This shouldn’t affect your subscription.
- Join my Facebook group for managers called How to Lead.
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Video: How to Change the Way You See Yourself by Rock Thomas “Words that follow ‘I am” follow you.”
- “Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency for me.”
- Let’s work together. I have two programs: One for managers here and an executive option for managers who manage managers here.
- Please send your feedback and questions to email@example.com