Do you find yourself wondering, “Why don’t my employees just get it?” The stages of competence will help explain that nicely and give you some ideas about how to deal with it going forward.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- What the four stages of competence are.
- Why you, as an unconsciously competent manager, have to come back down to being consciously competent in order to help your employees.
- When you notice your employees are consciously incompetent somewhere, it’s your job to get them the tools they need so they can do what they need to do.
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- Significant changes are coming to The Manager Formula after this year – for new clients, not existing ones, so jump in while you can. There’s only one more enrollment period for 2018 coming this fall. Get on my mailing list at leadershipcoachllc.com or join my How to Lead Facebook group for more information. You can also go to the Manager Formula.com and join the wait list and you’ll be notified as soon as enrollment is open.
- If you are in a business leadership position and you’re looking for tools for your leaders, I’m going to make the Manager Formula content available to organizations. You’ll get access to the content for a full year – all 12 modules and all videos for as many managers as you want for one fee. If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org This is a one-time offer available until October 31, 2018.
- Please send your feedback and questions or what topics you’d like me to cover in future episodes to email@example.com.