We’re talking about people who are always frazzled, always late, always unavailable. When you’re frazzled, you’re prioritizing being busy over connecting with other people. Here are a few suggestions for how to take back control of your life.
What you’ll learn from this episode – the reasons why “frazzled” happens:
- We, as a society, have glorified “busy.” We’re sick with commitments and doing and being busy. We use it as an excuse to not do other things, and so without saying a word, we show what, and who, we value.
- Because we don’t say “no.” We don’t have boundaries. We are people pleasers, and yet what we’re doing is not pleasing people.
- We don’t have a plan or a destination. If we did, yeses and noes would become easier.
- Executives have to STOP THE MEETING MADNESS!
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- I’m on my vacation / retreat to Hawaii! Everything is off my phone. It’s in airplane mode all but one hour a day!
- My Facebook group for managers is called How to Lead.
- Please send your feedback and questions or what topics you’d like me to cover in future episodes to email@example.com.