In her second installment of the “Every Day Leader” series, Kris interviews Mark Nurdin. Mark is the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Fort Worth Region for Bank of Texas. He oversees the growth strategies in the Fort Worth Region across all lines of business and all product partners, including Commercial Banking, Consumer Banking, Private Banking and Treasury Services.
A banking veteran for over 30 years, Mark has been in the Fort Worth market for over 20 years, having held various positions within commercial banking and wealth management. His breadth of financial experience, track record of success and strong drive for results is a tremendous asset to Bank of Texas.
In this episode, philosophies discussed include:
- Building high performing teams
- Hiring great players/team members
- Influencing your managers/bosses
- Hardest/toughest leadership lesson(s)
- Best tips for holding people accountable
- Turning around non-performing teams
- Firing people (wisdom around this)
- What do you still struggle with to this day?
- What is easy for you?
- What do you think are the essential elements of effectively leading teams?
Featured on the Show and Other Notes:
- I just recently did a storyline through my email called “Meet Alan.” If you’re interested in getting it, go to my website here and opt in and then you can get the three-part series.
- I’m in the process of putting together a book called Performance is Not an Opinion.
- In my How to Deal with a Difficult Person at Work course, I go into a lot of detail on this subject, so if that’s interesting to you I strongly suggest you check out that course here.
- I’ll be launching a live, 6 weeks long, Leadership Coach Training online with live Zoom calls. In addition to the coaching, you’ll get all the training, all the content, all the videos and PowerPoints plus an ongoing membership into a coaching mentoring forum. So if you do leadership development for your organization, this could be a really cool resource for you. You can check that out here.
- If you have questions, ideas for future podcasts or other leaders you’d like me to interview, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe here so you don’t miss an episode!